About the role:
Betaworks Studios is seeking an Events Manager to help execute unique and experiential events in our NYC space, that will stand out from the usual tech scene. These include everything from pop-ups, meetups, press previews, conferences, to small exclusive events. The right candidate is well versed in the New York scene and can develop and produce creative events with minimal oversight. You will be responsible for pre-event planning and all on-the-ground activities. You will coordinate with vendors and other event partners as needed to ensure the success of our NYC events. You have a unique combination of people and communications skills, and attention to detail, work well with limited direction and enjoy delighting audiences.
You will report directly to our Executive Director.
Events Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developing, booking, and producing events for members and the general public
- Sourcing and securing event content & programming for virtual and in-person events for various programs
- Identifying, booking, scheduling and preparing speakers for events
- Liaising with in-house graphic designer to request assets for events promotion
- Creating event promotional pages using Eventbrite and Webflow
- Working with partner organizations to plan and execute event content to fulfill various partner's goals
- Assisting in marketing efforts for all events (promotion on Twitter, email invites in Mailchimp, posting in Slack etc.)
- Communicating event logistics and details to all speakers and event attendees
- Creating programming plans and run-of-shows for in-person events
- Producing and moderating audience participation (via chat and Q&A) during virtual events
- Managing and overseeing on-site production of in-person events including AV
- Providing tours of Studio(s) to interested potential members, telling and selling the story of betaworks and Studios and what it means be a member
- Engaging in the local NYC entrepreneurial ecosystem including events, parties and launches that are relevant to promoting Studios and membership.
- Developing contacts, network and increase awareness of the Studios brand
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 3-5yrs experience in both programming and producing events, and a passion for technology and startups/startup life. Our event calendar is great so far but you are excited about making it grow even better.
Who we are:
Betaworks is a place for builders. For ten years, Betaworks has been fusing diverse people and ideas, to build successful products at the intersection of technology, business, and culture -- Giphy, Dots, Chartbeat & Poncho, to name a few. Studios is a new business at Betaworks--our first “hardware” venture with our own brand. We are building a community to connect people in the startup and investment spaces and to help them level up.
Perks and Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your family/spouse/legal dependents offered at 3 tiers
- Matched 401K retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Free membership to One Medical
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter and FSA benefits
- Flexible PTO
- A fast-paced yet supportive + awesome place to work
- Free snacks and coffee
- A beautiful workspace in the Meatpacking District, alongside the High Line, Whitney, and Standard Hotel
- Working in proximity to the other Betaworks teams (Camps, Ventures)
- Access to all company organized events, like weekly demos, betas, talks, presentations, and lunches that define the Betaworks & Studios experience
- A primary role at an early stage business building many, many things from the ground up
- Expansive access to Betaworks resources and experts, including investing, branding, finance, and operations
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.