We are looking for a dynamic new addition to the Studios team, someone who is looking to grow in a fast-paced startup environment where the best and brightest minds in frontier technology and entrepreneurship come to hang out.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours/week with competitive salary and benefits.
You will work directly with the Head of Club Operations, focused on daily facilities management, hospitality, and event production. You will be part of a tight team that keeps our club running, helping out with anything that needs to get done. Duties include:
- Community: developing deep knowledge of our members and their projects, facilitating connections, and building our community. You should have some familiarity with the tech and startup world — bonus points if you are interested in/have experience with venture capital and investing — and you are passionate about helping our members succeed.
- Customer Service: greeting members and guests with a friendly face and effectively representing the Studios brand to anyone who walks through the door. You ideally have experience in the hospitality industry and/or customer-facing roles. All of our staff are expected to know our members by name and learn about their current projects.
- Operations: maintaining order and cleanliness in the space, inventory and ordering, conference room A/V support, calendar bookings, stocking food & beverage area throughout the day. You should be comfortable with occasional heavy lifting: moving furniture, packages, and A/V equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. You should be familiar with basic IT and computer equipment, specifically Apple and G Suite products.
- Event production: assist with logistics planning, setup, and production of our frequent events, which range from intimate workshops to large full-day conferences. The ideal candidate has some event production experience.
Who we are:
Betaworks Studios is a membership club for founders, tech startups, entrepreneurs, and VCs — people building things. We host curated events and programming almost daily, from intimate workshops to panels and full-day conferences. It’s a social space where people come to meet other builders, learn about frontier technology, attend events, and get a little work done. Founded by Betaworks in 2018, we aim to connect people across tech, business and culture. We are open M - F, 8am - 8pm.
- You have a startup mindset — nothing is below you! You are always looking for a way to jump in and help
- Interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and startups
- At least one year of experience in a client facing or hospitality role
- Outgoing, positive, friendly, and engaging personality
- Great communication skills, written and verbal
- Organized and detail-oriented
- M-F availability, occasionally evenings until 9:30pm