A New York City-based position responsible for front desk duties, space operations, and member-facing hospitality. Manage desk and conference bookings via online system. Answer emails and phone calls. Greet our members when they enter the space and assist them as needed. You will be responsible for keeping the space in clean condition, enforcing our safety and hygiene rules and generally helping out with anything that needs to get done.
Who we are:
Betaworks Studios opened in 2018 as a social club and event space for people building things: companies, products, teams, robotic gingerbread houses...a place to meet people, scheme, learn about frontier technology, and get a little work done. We closed our doors due in March 2020 due to the pandemic, but starting in September we will begin our first phase of socially-distanced reopening. We now operate as a limited-capacity, members-only, co-working space.
- At least one year of experience in a client facing or hospitality role
- Outgoing, positive, friendly, and engaging personality
- Great communication skills, written and verbal
- Organized and detail-oriented
- You have a startup mindset — nothing is below you! You are always looking for a way to jump in and help
- Interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and startups
- Availability Monday - Friday in the mornings or afternoons (8:30am - 1:30pm or 1:30pm - 6:30pm)
- Strong knowledge of Apple products and Google Suite applications
- Be the first face members see when they walk through the door. You will greet and assist every person that enters our space
- Manage various Studios accounts such as Gmail and Gcal, handling all member requests
- Ordering and maintaining supplies inventory
- Manage all desk and room bookings
- Opening and closing space duties, depending on schedule
- Help maintain cleanliness by doing regular disinfecting in the space
- Get to know our members by name and learn their unique needs and preferences. We want our members to feel like they are at home!
- Heavy lifting: moving furniture, packages, and A/V equipment weighing up to 50 pounds